Wild Botanicals Eczema Psoriasis Bundle - Shampoo/Body Cleanser + Conditioner + Cream, for Dry, Itchy Skin and Scalp Relief.
What causes eczema?
Modern medicine shows that there are several factors behind the formation of eczema. Genes play an important role as eczema often runs in families, but there are other conditions such as skin barrier defects, immune dysfunction and environmental factors.
In addition, an impaired skin barrier increases trans-epidermal water loss, causing dry skin and making it more prone to the penetration of allergens and bacterial/viral infections. All of these contribute to an overactive inflammatory response at the skin and cause itchy rashes.
On the other hand, TCM believes that eczema is mainly caused by Wind-Dampness-Heat. People with irritable body constitution that have poor eating habits, especially over-consuming spicy, pungent, oily foods, are more likely to weaken their Spleen and Stomach.
The Spleen and Stomach governs the digestive system and the conversion of food and drinks into the essence that nourishes our body. When a malfunctioning Spleen and Stomach fails to convert all the food and drinks into essence, Dampness-Heat will arise. With Wind invading from the outside, and Dampness-Heat accumulating beneath the skin, the two forces will combine and result as an itchy rash.
Characteristics and symptoms
There are some distinct characteristics for a typical eczema:
The skin lesions are located symmetrically on the body
Different types of skin lesions: macule (discoloration, usually redness), papule (elevated solid lesion), vesicle (blister), pustule (blister filled with pus), erosion, and crust
Often develops into a chronic condition
Eczema can be differentiated into three stages: acute stage, subacute stage, and chronic stage.
The stages are meant to describe the severity of the skin lesions rather than progression, as eczema’s progression through the stages isn’t always linear. For instance, it may start at the subacute stage and move to the acute stage. The same rash may cycle through the stages many times. A rash may also start and stop at nearly any stage.
Skin Care Tips for Eczema
The following are the important skin care tips for people with eczema:
- Avoid scratching, rubbing and picking the skin. This aggravates the eczema and may also lead to unsightly pigmentation, open wounds, infections and scars.
- Avoid irritants like soaps and detergents. Use gentle soaps or soap substitutes instead.
- Do not wash the skin using hot water (>40°C), this will cause the water on the skin to evaporate faster after the shower and cause transepidermal water loss. Pat skin dry with a soft cotton towel. Do not rub. Moisturize within 2 minutes of completing bath /shower to seal in moisture.
- Moisturise the skin frequently. Normal moisturisers (non-steroids) do not cause thinning of the skin and should be applied liberally and frequently throughout the day. Remember to apply moisturisers after swimming.
- When in a dry and cold environment, it is important to keep the skin well moisturised to prevent flare-upsof the eczema.
- Certain clothing materials such as wool and linen tend to irritate the skin while materials like cotton are more comfortable for sensitive skin.
- Avoid consuming some foods that might worsen the skin condition. For example: spicy food, seafood, beef, mutton, and spices, such as coriander, chives, celery, ginger, onion, garlic, etc.
Wild Botanicals Eczema Relief Bundle
Shampoo/Body Cleanser: Distilled Water, Helichrysum italicum floral water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydrozysultaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter),Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mauritia flexuosa L. (Buriti) Oil, DL Panthenol, Glyceryl Cocoate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Viola Tricolor Extract, Cymbopogon Martinii Var Motia (Palmarosa) Essential Oil, Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass) Essential Oil, Lavandula officinalis (Lavender) Essential Oil, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Leaf Extract, Zinc, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Citric Acid, PEG-150 1%, Polyquaternium-7, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Conditioner: Distilled Water, Helichrysum italicum Floral Water, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Soybean Oil, Zinc, dl-Panthenol, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Argania spinosa (Argan)Oil, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter),Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mauritia flexuosa L. (Buriti) Oil, Glyceryl Cocoate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Viola Tricolor Extract, Cymbopogon Martinii Var Motia (Palmarosa) Essential Oil, Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass) Essential Oil, Lavandula officinalis (Lavender) Essential Oil, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Essential Oil, Lactic Acid, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Citric Acid, PEG-150, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Eczema Relief Cream: Distilled Water, Aloe, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Vegetable Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Crambe Abyssinica Seed (Abyssinian) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Vitellaria Paradoxa (Shea) Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract. Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carrot (Daucus carota) Seed Oil, Rosehip (Rosa canina) Seed Oil, Phospholipids, Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii var motia) Essential Oil, Proprietary Blend, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)